Asian Fruit Carving has been integrated into the food presentations of the top chefs in the finest restaurants around the world. It is edible and also adds an aesthetic, elegant beauty to any food arrangement. In this beginning workshop you will learn:
- How to properly use the hand tools needed for fruit and vegetable carving.
- How to pick the best fruits and vegetables for carving.
- Introduction to the basic Asian art used in vegetable and fruit carving.
- How to create flowers from radishes and cucumbers in varying degrees of difficulty.
- How to preserve and set up the arrangements.
Don’t miss this opportunity to begin learning the basic skills that will lead to the more advanced creation of bouquets and centerpieces from fruits and vegetables. A $35 material fee for a 7-piece tool kit is payable at the first meeting. Vegetables will be provided for the first meeting.
Program fee $65
Saturdays, Jul 12 – 26
9:30 – 11:30 am
Community Center 102 1621.001
Presenter: Nitda Phongcharern – Has been practicing advanced techniques in the ancient art of Thai Fruit and Vegetable Carving under the instruction of Miss Saowapa Albright at Thai Temple in Hollywood for eight years and has been teaching Asian food carving for over five years.
Interested in this class but not ready to sign up yet?
Add yourself to our interest list and we will send you a reminder a few days before the start date!